You put the dishes and a pod in the dishwasher, set the program, close the door and – it's ready. Nothing more illusory. There are many factors that influence the quality of washing dishes in a dishwasher. It often happens that dishes taken out of the dishwasher differ from our expectations – they have streaks, aren’t washed, and smell bad. How to avoid such situations and how to get dishes clean in dishwasher? Let’s see!
How to put dishes in the dishwasher?
The first step you should do is, of course, putting the dishes in the dishwasher, but – correctly. The way we do it is significant for the end result of the entire dishwasher washing process. What’s worth remembering in that case? How to put dishes in dishwasher the right way?
- Never stack the dishes on top of each other. In that case, the water won’t reach the dishes situated on top. As a result, those that were at the bottom will be clean, but not all the rest.
- Don’t put cutlery in the dishwasher unwittingly. Otherwise, they may not only damage the dishes, but also the dishwasher. Put them into special plastic holders or dedicated racks. Try to place them according to the rule – knives with the handles pointing upwards, forks and spoon – downwards.
- On the top rack, place the dishes such as glasses, bowls and cups. However, remember about their proper placement. Bowls should be in the middle. Cups, and glasses on the sides of the rack – upside-down. Thanks to it, you’ll make the best use of the space in the dishwasher.
- Also, try to put plastic utensils on the top rack. The heat coming from the bottom of the dishwasher could damage them, if you put them lower.
- Place the plates and pots in the bottom rack – the spray is the strongest there and will effortlessly deal with all grease. Furthermore, place the plates with the dirty side facing the center of the dishwasher – you’ll avoid unwashed remains.
- Remember not to put large dishes in front of the bottom rack, because it can block the detergent supply. Also, don't put the pots in the middle of the bottom rack, as it may cover the spray arm. As a result, the water won’t reach the rest of the dishes properly.
How to get dishes cleaner in dishwasher?
Answering the question – how to put dishes in the dishwasher – is only halfway to success. Now let's think about – how to wash dishes in dishwasher to make them shine?
- Never ever place traditional dishwashing liquid in the dishwasher, because the sea of foam may damage the device.
- When it comes to detergents – it's not worth saving on them. The quality costs and will pay off. Not only when it comes to the condition of our dishes, but also the proper functioning of the dishwasher.
On the market, you’ll find a wide variety of detergents dedicated to washing in the dishwasher. Unfortunately, most of them contain ingredients that are toxic to our health, such as phosphates or oxygen-based bleaching compounds. It’s just an illusion that the dishes are clean after the use of such agents. They’re actually covered with chemicals.
It seems to be a good idea to replace them with organic products such as unscented dishwasher pods by AspenClean. These types of agents can deal with fat and dirt as well as traditional ones, but they pose no threat to your health.
- Natural clues are the best. A good solution is to place a glass of vinegar at the bottom of the dishwasher. Thanks to it, not only will the dishes shine, but it’ll also have a positive effect on the functioning of the dishwasher – vinegar has descaling properties.
- Another popular ingredient you’ll find in the kitchen and which will help you make your dishes shine – is lemon. All you need is to place its slices in the dishwasher (between the dishes). You can also add some citric acid to the detergent drawer. Then activate the long wash program and enjoy the sparkle of your dishes.
How to get dishes clean in dishwasher? First, remember to pack your dishes in the dishwasher properly. Second, choose the right detergents. Also, don't forget to free yourself from chemicals that are invisible at first glance but can seriously harm your health.
Also remember to clean your dishwasher regularly. Do this, preferably once a month. Fill a glass with vinegar, put it on the bottom rack and start the longest program. Also, don’t forget to remove dirt from the rubber, doors and filters. Looking after your dishwasher will surely pay off with spotlessly clean dishes.